I've been busy these days, too busy to post. That, and I have to fight the girls for my share of time at the computer!! I am still creating though, in the minutes I have between other things. I'd go crazy if I couldn't...
These are bodies made from the same piece of doe suede using exactly the same pattern pieces ("Eustacia" by Mary Tressler). The only difference is that the pieces for the doll on the left were cut with the stretch going around her body. The doll on the right has the stretch running lengthwise. I am amazed by the differences in their shaping!
My family agrees that the doll on the left has a more attractive and realistic shape. She was also much easier to stuff, by the way. Her head looks deformed at the crown where the seams join, but that will be covered eventually so I won't worry too much about it. This doll will be travelling next week -- she is my beginning contribution to a round robin exchange. I am so excited to be a part of this RR. I can't wait to see what everyone else does!
I prefer the head on the tall doll. I will be giving her limbs and a costume this week. It will be so interesting to compare these 2 when the Traveller returns home...
I started a painting this week too. This is the underlayer of what will be a collage of rice papers and watercolor paints. I learned this technique from a video I bought off eBay -- I am just waiting for the rice papers I ordered to be delivered.
I am kind of glad for this break in the action though, because I notice in the photo that the waterfall isn't falling straight (oh my!) Not a big problem, as it will be covered and repainted in the collage process. It will be interesting to see how much if any of this first layer of color will be visible in the final painting.
The photo has been *heavily* edited to crop out the rest of my painting room -- gads, what a mess! I didn't notice that until I looked at the photo either (oops!) Time to get in there and put some stuff away!