Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Just a quick update today -- I think I have finished his over tunic. Once I get started beading, I can't seem to find a good place to stop. I love this tunic, especially the color. Everyone else in the challenge is seems to be working in black. I think the brown/plum, especially combined with the smoky quartz stones in the beading, give a good "dark" effect that is something different.

Trust me to be the one wanting to do something different...

I need to go through my idea files yet and find a good look to do for a hat. I am NOT good at applying hair -- there has to be a better way! -- so his head must be covered. I think a good hat will also help to balance out the fact that his skull isn't *quite* full enough on top. Learning, learning...

Here he is from behind. I was going for a kind of cape-like effect with the beads and stones draping off the top of the arm holes. I used matching beads to make a closure for the front, as well as a cover for the gathering I did at the back waist to give the tunic a little more shape.

It's a pity I didn't take a photo of his body without clothes AFTER I did the sculpting stitches. He has quite a realistic figure and a great butt. Especially once I remembered that he is, in fact, male, and that males do not usually have waists and hips. Ooops... Can you tell I usually do females, LOL??

7 comments:

Linda Fleming said...

Oh, wow, Judi! He terrific! That tunic is wwonderful- love the colors you have used and the beading real makes him stand out. Love, love, love the costuming!
Hugs-
Linda F from FL

Judi W. said...

Most excellent! Make sure to take a close-up of his face when you send him in to Molly! He has a great expression.

Kai said...

He's AMAZING! Have you named him? Looks like a Jake to me. Heehee! Maybe 'Jacob' in keeping with the time period. You can REALLY make clothing to suit a doll! I think he is one of your best-ever pieces!

Anonymous said...

He is turning out absolutely awesome!

MaryO said...

Judi, he's perfect! Can't wait to see what kind of hat you give him. Oh, and I LOVE those boots!!!!
Hugs, MaryO

Kai said...

It's October 5th & you have just been tagged by Kai! Shashi tagged me, now I am tagging 5 friends. What you do is - via your blog - tell 5 weird things about yourself (I did that already)then tag 5 friends' blogs. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

I agree with everyones comments, he is great and will be a fantastic dungon master!