Saturday, April 08, 2006

Well, well... how often does this happen -- my photos actually loaded in the order in which I wanted them to appear! Yes, I know, I AM way too easily amused!

My dragon has wings and is ready for painting. I don't know what I was so stressed about -- the wings were actually easier than I thought they would be. This does not usually happen, in case you are wondering why I am so excited. I usually underestimate (by a mile!) the time and effort a project will take.

I wish I had made the wings a little bigger, but I would have run out of clay if I had, so oh well! I had *just* exactly enough Magic Sculpt to finish covering the wire mesh that is the armature for the wing web and the candlestick, which I decided was pretty dorky looking as the base for a Majestic Dragon such as this is becoming.


Ready to paint! I got an old luncheon plate from Goodwill to use as a pallette. Decorative as well as functional -- I like it! The Genesis paints are so pleasant to work with. If I were independently wealthy, I'd have one of each color. Good thing I know how to mix what I need!

By the time you check this spot again, my dragon should be finished!

No comments: