Saturday, February 11, 2006

Another (almost) Finished Object

Ain't he cuuuuuuute? Now I remember why I made him in the first place! I see by the photo that I have to go back and pull the fur out of the seams of his left arm, and he still needs his little hat, but my first mohair bear is, for all intents and purposes, finished. I don't know if I will ever make another bear, but I am totally delighted with this little guy.

He is supposed to be a Woodland Elf Bear. He arms, legs, and body were dyed green, once upon a time, but the dye wasn't fast, so now he's just darker there. Pooh! That will teach me to let an unfinished project sit for 5 or so years on the floor under my cutting table!


And this little girl just keeps getting prettier and prettier. I know now why her eyes are crooked. Live and learn -- I will probably not have that problem again, so it is worth that to have made the error.

Knowledge is always valuable, right?

She still needs her earrings, hairpiece, and to have her hair styled, but right now her hair is in curlers, and we will spare her dignity and not photograph that.

Oops, I need to paint her base too yet I notice.




This little person is my latest sculpt. He is destined to be a mardi gras jester. I am having so much fun with this clay -- I had no idea how satisfying it would be to see these little figures come in to being!

I need to practice hands and feet yet. Fortunately, our February Sculpt-Along is a hand/arm. I am still looking for a reference drawing to work from. I know exactly what I want, but I can't find the book I think it's in. And no, I DON'T want to draw it myself. Maybe in another life when I have unlimited time, LOL.

My next major attempt is going to be a full figure sculpt. These little heads are so much funthough; I don't know if the rest of a body will be able to compete.

1 comment:

Judi W. said...

Wow Judi - these are all wonderful! I love the little bear - especially his little shoes! Your latest sculpt is great - you're getting really good at these! Can't wait until you get a body done - I bet it will be just as good.