Friday, February 17, 2006

Her hair is set and her embellishments are complete. I wish the forehead jewel in her headpiece showed up better in the photograph -- I can't seem to capture it without the annoying luminosity from the flash.

I NEED to start working on my photography skills as far as these dolls go. They deserve better from me if I am going to share them with the world.

Working on this girl was a delight to my soul. I am in LOVE with polymer clay. The learning curve with this is much more fun than frustrating and I learned so much about anatomy from the 3D process. My drawings and cloth dolls can't help but improve after this.

And here is my finished Mardi Gras candlestick sculpt. Please notice that his eyes are in STRAIGHT! I got a wonderful tip from another sculptor on one of my mailing lists that helped me to really see if they were, in fact, set in as straight as I thought they were. Another big leap up the slope of the learning curve there!

As I look at the photo, I realize that I am not happy with the finish on the base. It definitely needs to be varnished, and maybe a little more metallic gold would enhance it too.

Perhaps some Pearl-Ex...

I am SUCH a sucker for anything that glitters, gleams, or sparkles!

This morning I am beginning a class on how to make dragon wings from Jean Bernard. I am so excited!! I know I said I wouldn't start anything new until the floor under the work table was cleared up; well, I lied. This was too big an opportunity to pass up. I have seen Jean's techniques in magazines for a long time and have always wanted to try them out for myself. Now's my chance and I am not going to waste it.

No comments: