Monday, January 18, 2010

Photo of the Week - "Shadows"

This week's theme caused me no small amount of stress! I wanted to do something outside, but it has been so dark and rainy - alas, gray skies cast no shadows.
I thought about doing something with candles or a flashlight, but then this photo came along and I realized that I had been worrying a lot over nothing because it all came together in the end.



My daughter Alice represented Marion County this past weekend in the Oregon State Dairy Princess-Ambassador competition.  The theme was "Saturday Night at the Movies" and each young woman was introduced with a spotlight walk down a red carpet.  Talk about shadows!

I am so proud of her.

7 comments:

Serena Lewis said...

Congratulations to Alice...she looks beautiful! Nice shadow shot!

Anonymous said...

Very lovely!

Shelly said...

Good play on the shadow concept...Shelly

MaryO said...

Another treasured memory, Judi The shadows make it a very dramatic photo!

Shashi Nayagam said...

Congratulations! She looks beautiful!

Linda Fleming said...

What a beautiful young woman! You have every right to be proud.

Sprite said...

Gorgeous! Wonderful shot Judi. Congrats, I'd be very proud too!

hugs,
Sprite