Monday, January 25, 2010

Photo of the Week - "My Favorite Coffee Cup"

I have dozens of coffee cups, but this is the only one I use. I boought it from a potter at an Art Faire a few years ago, and it is absolutely perfect. Here is sits in its native habitat, on the work table next to my corner of the couch.



I would be lost without my coffee, so you can only imagine how much MORE lost I would be without my darling morning-person husband, who gets up an hour before I do and has a cup waiting for me every morning. (Needless to say, I am *not* a morning person!)  He even lets me drink the first cup without saying a word. Ahhhhhh... a jewel among men.

9 comments:

BumbleVee said...

I'm definitely not a morning person either... and even more so now that I'm still tossing and turning at 2:30 and still trying to get to sleep. Arrgghhh...

My sweetie is a morning person too and he makes a pot on the weekends... we sit and sip and yak... I may even have two small ones some Saturdays or Sundays Judi !

I love how the background seems to pick up the colours of your mug... all soft and purply.... great looking mug.

Terra said...

Lovely cup, post and description of your husband. My dh is also a gem.

sandy said...

I hear ya about not being a morning person. Nice mug.

Linda Fleming said...

Love that up, Judi! I'm not a morning person either- so I have my coffee in the afternoon.

Sue said...

GORGEOUS cup! And I love the native habitat description - very appropriate. It appears I'm the only morning person amongst your commentors so far.

Serena Lewis said...

I'm a morning person too, Sue. ;)

Judi, I LOVE your coffee mug! It reminds me of a pottery mug I had many years ago.

MaryO said...

Lovely cup, Judi, and nice that Jake makes the coffee. Roy does, too, and fills a cup with hot water to warm the cup for me so it doesn't cool the coffee down when I get ready to have some. These guys are keepers, aren't they?

Jennifer Rose said...

ooh very nice mug :D very arty :)

Anonymous said...

Nice cup, I new I was gong to be the only one with a dull coffee cup, I guess I enjoy the coffee more then I do the vessel I drink it from, and I along with Sue am a morning person,I never sleep much past 4:30 am.