Monday, January 04, 2010

Monday Photo of the Week

A new year begins, and with it a new Photo of the Week Challenge. Our format will be a little different this year as members of our group will take turns selecting a challenge theme for any given month. I am SO grateful because by the end of the year I had run out both of ideas and the energy to work at it.

We are still on our own this first week, so rather than agonize over choosing "just the right thing" to photograph, I grabbed my camera and walked into my studio to see what I could find. I am tickled to share this little pile of taxidermy eyes of various sizes and species that I picked out for my Christmas stocking stuffer last month. Oh, the possibilities!


I have been avoiding going into my studio lately as the room has become nothing but a dumping ground for things that needed a temporary home over the holidays, and as you can see, my work table is still a catastrophe.


I love the holidays, but I am more than ready to get back to a normal-ish routine. Here's to a creative New Year!

8 comments:

HElen said...

Love those eyes! and a glimpse of your working area.

Linda Fleming said...

I can't wait to see what you do with these eyes- what fun!

Yes, it's nice to get back to a normal routine, isn't it?

Serena Lewis said...

I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with those eyes too, Judi! I'm always glad to get back to a normal routine after the holidays too.

Jennifer Rose said...

cool :D hmm I'd be the odd one putting the eyes in animal skulls :p the tables not that bad, still have room to work on :)

BumbleVee said...

yep.... normal..or our own variety of it...is always a good thing.

my craft room looks just like yours.....sigh...I guess a tidy up day in there is a must over the next while....

MaryO said...

Everything in my craft/studio/whatever room is pushed back against the wall to make room for air mattresses for the grandchildren and I haven't had the energy to put it back in order (well what serves for "order" in there) since the holidays FINALLY ended!
You're going to have fun conjuring up uses for those eyes, I'll bet! Can't wait to see......

Anonymous said...

I can relate, my work room is a total mess, I wouldn't even take a camera in there. Love the eyes though and I have my tree down and things back to as normal as they can be for the time being (:

Sprite said...

Oh Fun!! Can't wait to see what they become a part of :) I'd love to see your work space in its entirety! You have so much going on there :D Thanks for the glimpse :)

BIG Hugs,
Sprite