Friday, January 29, 2010

Making Progress

I got my main figures sketched in and gessoed. I really like the cool toned one.


I have already started the shading on this warm toned one.  When this is dry, I will be ready to add the "reverse sketch" with liquid pencil. I've been playing around with it a little to get a feel for it, though I can't really say that the effect is all that different from regular acrylic paint. It is an interesting medium, but I don't think the little pots are worth the price I paid.  Oh well, live and learn.



It feels so good to have made so much progress in such a short time. I can feel my old sense of Fear of Ruining a Good Thing setting in, but I am *determined* to push through.

4 comments:

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Oh Judi,
I love all the textures and warm colors on this piece! Can't wait to see what you do with the angel.

Hugs

Shelly said...

I'm enjoying your work...Shelly

Serena Lewis said...

They're both looking fabulous, Judi! Are you using the Matisse brand of liquid pencil?

Jennifer Rose said...

looking really good. the texture on them is wonderful :)