Monday, October 27, 2008

Pictures, as promised

Mondays are my favorite day of the week. I don't have to go to work, Jake is at work, the girls are in school, so if I have my act together I have a whole day in which to make art and play to my hearts content. This morning I got everything done and sat down and finished painting my Tree Spirit Box. Oh, how I love this box!

I chose my paint colors to go along with the colors of the interior, put on some music, and just went at it. When the time came to add the embellishments, I didn't notice that one of my tubes of micromarbles had been corrupted with glitter, so the effect is a little more sparkly than I had intended, but I'm not sorry. A little extra sparkle never hurt anyone. :-)

Here's a full front view...


and the full back.



If you remember the earlier posts regarding this piece, you might recall that I embedded a small face in the trunk. You can't see it by looking directly at it, but if you peek in from the side...


you are able to glimpse her peacefully meditating amongst the branches.



Unfortunately, I broke the clasp on the box from handling it. Does anyone know where I might find a replacement?

Ifinished my Halloween challenge piece as well (completed, photographed, AND entered on time!) but I can't put it up here until after the challenge closes Friday night. Not only that, I have another WIP in full swing, but it's so closely related to my Halloween piece that to be safe I will save that for later as well. Oh, it's going to be a fun week!

8 comments:

Jacque Uetz said...

Judi, your box is just beautiful and you did such a wonderful job with the tree, sound like a fun relaxing day!! I am glad you enjoyed..I love those kind of days myself!

Linda Fleming said...

Judi, that box is gorgeous- lovely work!
I love Mondays, too. Good luck with the challenge!

Jennifer A. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer A. said...

Absolutely gorgeous. I knew it would turn out well, but this is breathtaking.

I think Michael's carries basic clasps and latches among their hardware

Shashi Nayagam said...

The tree is beautiful Judi. Love the colours of fall. Look forward to seeing your other projects.

MaryO said...

You did a great job on that tree, Judi, and I'm glad you didn't lose that little face, she looks so tranquil nestled in there. Lovely work. And congratulations to Alice, she looked lovely.

Anonymous said...

Very enchanting, I love it,just beautiful!!

Bear said...

Judi
your box and spirit are so beautiful
wowee when you get going you really get going
I adore it very much my sweet one
love n hugs bear xoxoxoxo