Monday, October 13, 2008

Fitting it in when I can

I have made more progress on my Treasure Tree Box than what shows in these photos, but if I wait until I can take more photographs, I will never manage to get a post up this week. It has been yet another tempestuous week, but I still found some time to work on my creations. I think I would go insane if I couldn't...

I took a better shot of the finished inside cover to share.

Now that the inside is complete, I can start applying embellishments to the outside. I had an image of a tree in my mind, so I began by applying a web of roots.


Then I drilled some holes, added a little wire for an armature, and began building the tree.


I haven't taken any more photos of later progress, but I'll try to get some up in a day or two.

How's this for an excuse for being distracted though?


My daughter-in-law and granddaughter came for a visit this weekend and it would have been downright inhospitable to disappear into my studio. We both had fun playing with my camera though.


The camera strap was the big attraction for her. Never fear... I'll teach her which end is the fun part when she's older. For now, I just like making her grin.

3 comments:

Economic Analyst said...

Great blog! Please check out mine and click around. THANKS!

Kai said...

That treasure box is glorious! I see lessons incorporated from sweet Jean Bernard, as well as the ingenious creativity and careful execution process of my beautiful friend, Judi Atsma! Really, it's going to be a one-of-a-kind treasure! Speaking of one-of-a-kind treasures, that little angel of a baby is already a masterpiece! I'd be a total sucker for that sweet smile!

Bear said...

oh my Judi
wot a distraction shes downright gorjas isnt she- and at the perfect age to- not able to get around to much but always ready to smile for everyone who has the camera in hand- Beautiful Grandie
love n hugs bear xoxoxoxoxoxo
Ps Love the pics of how you set up the box etc n the inside is as b eautiful as is the finished outside my such a lot of work- but its Gorjas
xoxoxoxo