Friday, June 27, 2008

Almost there

I had intended to post before we left on a camping trip, but now I'm glad I waited because I see that this piece isn't quite finished after all.




I am pretty happy with it for the most part, though I curse the moment I thought that #$%^&* octopus would be a good idea. I am about out of ideas as to how to make it look better, but oh well. I see I also need to add a few more highlights to the seahorse and a little more depth to her hair.

Hmmmmm... a bit more green in her tail might also help to set off the jewel a bit better. That jewel and those bubbles were SO much fun to paint!

I've already started another piece using this technique. It is VERY different, as I am DETERMINED to break out of my "pretty" mold. I'll post a WIP photo here soon.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous Judi, the mermaid and goldfish are my favorites and the bubbles look like bubbles should, and love the color theme!

Shashi Nayagam said...

Oh wow Judi this piece is awesome. Well actually everything you do is awesome.

Cheryl said...

I love this. Feel like you climb right in there with them.

Kai said...

Judi, I'm always in awe of the many talents you exhibit! I don't know exactly what new technique you are using (I am clueless where painting is involved) but whatever it IS, it's producing a beautiful result. The picture would make even a diehard believe in mermaids! WONDERFUL!

Nita Butler said...

Judi the piece is stunning just the way it is! I adore it! You did good. Did you take a class for this
technique? It is awesome!

Love,
Nita

Courtney Short said...

it is truly breathtaking!! I love it.. sorry I haven't done a good job returning the favor of your wonderful comments, but I promise to do better :-)