Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Father's Day

I hope Father's Day was filled with the joy it ought to bring for everyone who reads this. I know there are bad fathers out there, so perhaps for some the day is painful instead, and oh! I am so sorry! But I am blessed with a wonderful Father of my own, and blessed again to be married to the wonderful father of my kids. I don't tell them how much I appreciate them nearly as often as I should, but I hope they know how much I love them anyway.

Another blessing of the day was the special music number at our church. One of our men sang Stephen Curtis Chapman's "Cinderella" while 3 sets of dads and daughters danced. It was so beautiful and touching I had to bring along the new camera -- I hope I didn't bother anybody. Look though... no flash!


Who WOULDN'T want to give this darling little princess a big twirl?


These waltzers looked as if they were floating. The grace and ease with which they danced was a pleasure to watch.

Alice danced the part of the 3rd daughter, the bride-to-be. I confess... I cried.



Jake isn't much of a dancer ordinarily, but he held his end up. Aren't they a beautiful couple? He's going to have a hard time of it when he real Wedding Waltz plays, and I don't mean with just the steps.

I'm so glad the clock hasn't quite "struck midnight" for us just yet.


8 comments:

Judi W. said...

Sounds like it was wonderful to watch. She looks so graceful. Must have been a very special presentation.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Judi, I wish I could have been there. The dances have always made me cry -- I teared up just looking at your photos. I'm sure it was stunning!

Linda Fleming said...

What a very special day for your family! I love the photos, especially of Alice and jake- very touching.

MaryO said...

Well count me among the teary-eyed. These are wonderful pictures, Judi, and you must have been very proud of your lovely daughter and handsome husband!

Sherry Goshon said...

WOW truly wonderful and what a perfect memory for all...and yepper i would have been teary myself...oh my

Anonymous said...

I swear Judi, your blog gets me blubbering all the time. As you know I have a soft spot for farmers as I come from farming stock. Your Jake is a fine man, you are a lucky woman, and he, an equally lucky man.
Kate

Bear said...

Oh my Judi A
wot a wonderful day for them all and for you and all in the audience. Like others I started to weep at he sight of them n they are still piccies oh my your Daughter also was so graceful and so pretty yes I love seeing little ones given a big twirl and she does look so princess!
I can see wot a magical day it was
thank you Judi A
love n hugs bear xoxoxoxoxoxo

Kai said...

Well, holy cow! I'm glad I'm not the ONLY one who cried! Beautiful pictures! I think your family is AWESOME!