Thursday, October 29, 2009

Can you stand one more?

One of the things Jean told us to do in our techniques class is to try to visualize a picture in the backgrounds we are painting. Kind of like finding faces in the clouds I imagine, which I've never been very good at by the way.

Anyway, I stared at the purple canvas for a while and I began to see (really!) a bird emerging from a starry sky. So I painted one in. I got a little carried away with the pearl white I'm afraid, and once again I had a horrible time trying to photograph the gleam-y surface. ("Gleam-y"... is that a word? LOL)


On my monitor, this photo skews a little yellow - the whites are much brighter in real life - but otherwise it's a pretty good representation. I think this canvas is my new favorite.

I need to go shopping for some more of these little canvases!

9 comments:

Jean Bernard said...

*shaking my head here* OMG ! I LOVE it when it clicks and you DO see the faces in the clouds girlfriend! wooooooohooooooooooooo !! I love what you are doing with the canvases JudiA ! Tough choices but I think this one is my new favorite too :) The bird against the night sky is telling me a story. WONDERFUL job!
Jean

Jacque Uetz said...

wow what a great painting!!

Shashi Nayagam said...

Wow Judi you are on the roll!! I am having so much fun catching up with your blog. Your canvases are brilliant!!

Jennifer Rose said...

great job with the feathers :D

Anonymous said...

Wow this is Beautiful Judi! The motion ... movement you really captured it!

I'm teaching my classes on my ning~
http://www.odd-dolls-fun.ning.com

Pattee

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Judi,
I love your painting! Amazing and beautiful.
Sorry I haven't visited your blog lately but I am away on vacation. I love all the things you have been creating. Keep up the lovely work.

Hugs

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful Judi! and it got me signed up for Jeans class too, I wanted to give myself a try at it. I have my first one my art blog, or will shortly... you inspired me... but your's is so much better, I will try again though...need some new paints.

Serena Lewis said...

It's such fun to paint on little canvasses, isn't it, Judi? This one is BEAUTIFUL! I like that you pulled the dove from the background.

BumbleVee said...

by George I think she's got it! not that I would be getting it if I was trying to see something....but, wow.... what a great job you did Judi..it's lovely....