Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Our local high school dance team is entering into the State portion of their competition cycle. My daughter is the senior captain of the team, and so they asked me to shoot the team photo for the State program. These talented dancers are used to following directions as a group, so it didn't take me long to get them lined up...



... but they were so stiff. C'mon girls... lighten up!

(There is nothing to compare to 15 teenage girls given permission to be silly to create a relaxed atmosphere.)



Ahhhh... that's better.



The lighting in the room was absolutely horrible -- dark, with a mix of regular and fluorescent bulbs. Notice the different colors of the wall? That is not the way it looks in real life, but I don't have enough skill to correct it. I am just relieved and glad that the photos turned out so well. It really helps to have such pretty girls as subjects to start with, LOL!

Please don't feel obligated to comment on every one of these photos. I know I won't have time to do it every day, though I have committed to looking as well as posting throughout the month.

7 comments:

Serena Lewis said...

Good luck to the dance team! Great pics....I love the one where they are goofing around ~ :)

The last one is definitely more relaxed than the first one...they are indeed beautiful girls!

HElen said...

Wishing good luck to the team! And no matter the lighting, girls looking happy !

Linda Fleming said...

What a pretty group of young women!
Great photos, Judi! Tell your daughter I am wishing her and her team lots of luck.

Bear said...

ggg I love the goofy pic the b est but then the girls did do you justice didnt they??- So wheres our girl??
love n hugs bear xoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Best of luck to your daughter's dance team. I enjoyed the series of photos. Blessings, Nicole

Barbara said...

Fun pictures, I hate that kind of lighting also. One of my goals this year is to learn how to use my off camera flash.

MaryO said...

Oh my, what bright young faces! And so much energy in the bunch. They're already winners, aren't they?