Monday, August 07, 2006

Just a Beautiful Day

Unlike much of the rest of the country, we are having a perfect summer here in Oregon. Can you believe how beautiful these photos are?

Thursday was our 22nd wedding anniversary. To celebrate, we packed up a picnic and hiked "The Trail of Ten Falls" at Silver Creek Falls State Park. It's a 7 mile hike that goes up and down and around some of the most beautiful landscape I have ever seen .

This is Lower South Falls, one of the prettier and easier to photograph falls.






The path goes behind the Fall -- you can actually put your hand in the cascade. The mist is also very refreshing, especially on a warm day.







While crossing the river, I couldn't help but be struck by the lucious color of the reflected sky in the water. Of course, I HAD to snap a photo. Who knew it would turn out so well?


This is North Falls, probably the most visible of the Falls on the Trail. You can see it from half a mile a way, as well as from each side and from behind. Not many are so accessible. It's not the tallest, the widest, the laciest, or anything-else-ist, but it is still my favorite. The energy there is so peaceful. Ahhhhh...







If you want to visit Meditation Falls (also known as Upper North Falls -- who thinks of these horrible boring names??!) you need to count on adding at least another half mile to your hiking distance. Not a small consideration on this trail, especially if your feet hurt already. I wouldn't miss it though.



22 years ago, I married my very best friend. I can't imagine what my life would be like without him.

2 comments:

Kai said...

Oh, Judi! You have NOOOOO idea how relaxing it is just to VIEW these photos! Here, we've had miserable weather all day, and seeing the absolutely beautiful places you photographed gave me a sense of real serenity! And I just LOVE the photo of you & Jake! You 2 look perfect together! Sigh ... I want to be YOU right now. LOL!

Shashi Nayagam said...

Reminds me of the places where I grew up in India. We had beautiful falls and pools in the jungle just like these where we would go often for picnics.
Thanks for sharing