Friday, March 24, 2006

Too much, yet STILL not enough

OK, so... reborning, as with everything else, is trickier than it sounds. Sigh...

Actually, this doll is turning out FANTASTIC. I had NO idea my first attempt (Ok, 3rd attempt -- but the first 2 never got this far) would turn out so well.

The difference lies in the paints. I am using Genesis heat set oils instead of acrylics on this doll, the I am so impressed with how easy they are to paint with. No -- how easy they are to CONTROL!

Paints that have their own "personalities" -- aka watercolors and acrylics -- are just too hard for a control freak like myself to work with. I still love my watercolors, but now I can't wait to try a real painting with these Genesis paints.

I sound like a commercial, don't I... sigh...

It's the hair that is making me nuts with this baby. He/she already has too much hair for a newborn, and yet I still have at least 25% of the skull left to cover.

Live and learn... I still have 5 Goodwill babies left in "rehab", LOL. Rooting hair properly is already getting easier. However...

I am SOOOooooo bored with the Absolute Realism of "newborning". What skin tones do you think Fantasy Reborns might have??? Tattoos?? Gold? Glitter? Costumes?

(I have enough of Realism in Real Life. I'd rather make Fairies!)

They are only Goodwill babies after all. I do believe I feel some experimenting coming on!

No comments: