Friday, March 03, 2006

Arghhhhh...! Well, on the upside, I am *definitely* learning how to work with HTML code. Still, I really REALLY wish I could figure out how to get these photos to upload in the order in which I want them to appear... THE FIRST TIME. grumblegrumblegrumble...

This is the color scheme I have chosen for painting the dragon. I am using Genesis heat set paints for the first time. This stuff is very interesting. I look forward to learning more about using it.


(Gads, this is a horrible photo...)

This what I have gotten done so far. The work has been spread out over the last 4 days, and the paint is still as creamy and spreadable as when I squeezed it out of its little tube. Fabulous stuff, and very easy to control once I mixed it with some thinning medium. I am really loving the way the colors of the crystals and pearls "pop" against the pale blue. I will highlight the scales later with some white, perhaps a little Pearl-Ex too...


And, last but NOT least, I have to share my beautiful birthday gift from my internet friend Kai. This little gal practically vibrates with energy. I love holding her in my hand and just looking at her.

Living so far out in the country makes it tough to have friends. I am thankful every day of my life for the connections if have through the internet, especially the fact that they are all as into "stuff" as I am!

There are more of "Us" out there than I ever thought. Hooray for fiber artists!

No comments: