Tuesday, September 20, 2005



Wow. Oh wow, oh WOW! How fun is this! I never thought I would be able to figure out this new way of journaling without spending days and days and days at it... It's waaaaaaayyy easier than it was when I first attempted blogging back in 2002. So anyway...

This is my latest completed project. I don't complete everything I begin, which I'm not always proud of, but it's the truth. This blanket took 2 weeks to weave, but I've been collecting the fiber and spinning the yarn for it for 3 or 4 years. There are 8 colors of yarn in it, but if you count the colors which were created where the yarns intersect, there are 225 colors visible.

It is made of a blends of romney wool and mohair which I bought from Linden Lane Farms. Liz's blends spin beautifully, and the colors just sing. The resulting yarns are soft and warm, though if one is at all sensitive they might seem itchy. That would be from the halo of the mohair, which I find irresistable.

Magik the cat has given his official "meow" of approval. He and my other cat Mocha Chu have very discerning taste in fibers.

I have begun to warp the loom for another blanket in the same general style, but the colors will be much more random as I want to use up a bunch of single skeins. Weaving sure eats up the yarn!

No comments: