Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Trying again with blogging

I want to try blogging again, as I am desperate for a means to communicate with the Outside World through words and pictures.

I am married to the most wonderful man on earth, who happens to be a dairy farmer. We have a small farm in northwest Oregon. It is a beautiful place, and I can't imagine living anywhere else, but we are a little isolated. Also, there are no other artists in the family, so I am seeking critique and feedback (especially compliments! LOL) on my work from others who understand what drives me to do the things I do.

A word of explanation about the title of my blog... It is a reference to a verse of scripture from the Old Testament book of Malachi, chapter 4 verse 2: "... but for you who revere my name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings. And you will go out and leap like calves released from the stall."

I LOVE this imagery. I wish everyone could see what for me is a common sight; calves released for the first time from a stall will run and jump and leap for hours, simply because they can. Their uninhibited, unrestrained delight is so pure... I could watch them for hours.

OK, now it is time for me to figure out how to put up pictures... and then I will leap for joy too. :-)

No comments: