Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sculpting Again

It has been an incredibly beautiful week here - there is just *something* about a run of gorgeous spring days that makes me feel as if I am waking up after a long winter of dreaming. I love the creative energy that comes with days like these!

Even though I have had to hustle to get my garden planted (only 3 weeks late this year... sigh...), I made time to work on some projects, this time in polymer clay. I added the last face to my Sea Spirits piece - unfortunately I caused some damage to some of the other faces, so now I have to see what I can do about repairs. Oh well, at least the sculpting if finished! I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out.



This next little guy has been in the works for quite some time, but I have had to keep quiet about him as he was my entry into an anonomous challenge. His paint job isn't really as gleam-y as it looks in this photo. I am going to try again to get a better photograph, maybe next time in natural light, bur for today this one will have to do.  (One of these days I WILL solve the mystery of how to photograph a piece that has Pearl-Ex in the finish, LOL.)


He won the challenge by the way. Woo hoo! My first win!


If you want to learn how to make a baby dragon of your very own, go to the page of online classes on Jean Bernard's website.  There you will find more information about a splendid class taught by Sprite Hanson - Sprite herself is a wonderful sculptor, and in the lessons she shares all kinds of great techniques, including how to make that awesome skin texture.  This project is suitable for all skill levels and the instructions are clearly written, well illustrated, easy to follow and fun.

3 comments:

BumbleVee said...

Judi this is hilarious....here we have both been sticking heads into shells this week!

And... your little dragon is wonderful!

I'll write you about the class...

Serena Lewis said...

You and Vee certainly have been on the same wavelength this past week. I remember when you started your Sea Spirit piece....it's looks GREAT and you have every right to be happy with yourself.

Congratulations on winning the challenge!! I LOVE the colours in your baby dragon ~

Jennifer Rose said...

dragon! that looks really good :D and congrats on winning the challenge :)

the faces look really neat in the shell, shame about the damage.hopefully you can fix it.