Sunday, October 07, 2007

Long week, short post

After a week spent sniffling, sneezing, and basically denying the obvious, I finally went home sick from work on Friday. Gotta love the start of cold/flu season. Sigh... at least I got it over with early, and hopefully for the WHOLE season.

If nothing else, the forced inactivity gave me the opportunity to do some handwork on a swap doll I want to finish this week. Meet "Tanith Ravyn", adapted from Patti Culea's pattern in her book "Creative Cloth Doll Beading."


It took me several tries to get a face I was happy with. I still think this girl's eyes are a bit too big and too far apart, but Jake is crazy about her. I didn't think he would like her at all, but he surprised me. He is a bit upset with me actually for sending her away. I guess I will just have to make another one in the same style for him.

She still needs shoes, but she'll be ready for the mail this week.

That's about all I have the energy for now. I HATE colds!

4 comments:

Shashi Nayagam said...

She is lovely and your swap partner I am sure will love her.

Linda Fleming said...

She's gorgeous, Judi! Very exotic looking. I hope you feel better soon.

Judi W. said...

I think her eyes work well with the 'makeup'. They look real. I can see why Jake didn't want to let her go. She's spectacular!

Yvette said...

She is wonderful!! I think her face is perfect as well as her outfit. You did a great job!

I hope you are feeling better!!