Friday, February 16, 2007
Start to (almost!) Finish!
So close... So VERY close. It is agonizing to not be able to call her "finished" for good and all, but I just don't have anything to put in the nest in her hands. I plan on making a tour of the craft shops this weekend. Otherwise I think I might try sculpting something. I WILL complete a project from start to finish without deviating. It's become a point of honor now, LOL!
I used microbeads to blend the leaves into the fabric of her branches. I LOVE microbeads, even though the little monsters have a life of their own and bounce all over my studio.
I added a draping of seed beads to her throat and shoulders, just because those areas seemed so bare.
She was worth everything it took to bring her into being!
This is my latest Round Robin challenge. She came to me as a torso plopped into a Crown of Thorns gourd... I have pretty much given up on receiving anything "expected" from the ladies in this group. What a superb collection of imaginative artists! I am honored to have been included.
Anyway, she spoke to me of meadow flowers, so I set out to put her in her meadow. (There is NO WAY legs were going to work on this lovely.) The wire cage base was made using instructions if a recent Art Doll Quarterly Magazine. The apoxie embellishments are drawn from my trusty stock of Jean Bernard tricks. I used up the last of my stock of Apoxie on this project -- I will have to order some more. It is way too much fun to create with to be without!
I desperately wanted something original to me to be a part of my addition, so the bead dangles finishing the tips of the gourd are from my own imagination.
A coat (or 3 or 7!) of paint, and she will be ready to mail.