Saturday, November 18, 2006

For Judi W...

Because she asked, I am posting this photo of my domino magnets for Judi W. (Hi Judi!) I sold about 2/3 of what I had, and thank goodness I had them! Between these and what I called "Hanglie-Danglies" (little bead combinations hanging from a small parachute clip) I made a LOT of kids happy... which lured in their parents, who bought other stuff. (happy grins!) Even 2 of my canvasses!

Lots of "ooh"s and "ahhh"s and some good sales too. I actually sold more than I anticipated, which is good, but oh! I am tired tonight.

The reactions to my canvasses was both amazing and disappointing, though now that I think about it... not surprising. A few people simply walked right past my table as if they didn't even see it, which is a *little* weird as I was spilling out into the path way with my easles... MANY people were interested in them, and even very complimentary, remarking how unique they were. The ones who seemed most fascinated by them -- and some seemed to be completely mesmerized! -- wanted to know all about how I made them... now that I think about it, I wonder if they weren't hunting for ideas...

(Not to worry -- I gave Sherry Goshon FULL credit and gave away NO secrets!)

I have nothing but the deepest respect for those brave and HARDY souls who do this for a living. How do they DO it??? I would SO much rather make stuff than sell it!

Did I mention I was tired...??

3 comments:

Judi W. said...

WOW - I am so excited for you! Your magnets are magnificent - I'm not surprised they did so well. That's so great - it helps make back your booth fee! Whoo hoo! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your lady stamps. Now I need all of THOSE too!

I'm happy that you sold two of your canvases - they are definitely unique. Good for you!!

Oh - and thank you for posting the photo!!! Now I know what to use to display my magnets

Now rest up!!!

Anonymous said...

Wooo hooo you go girl. How lovely you were actually able to sell your canveses Wow you see you never know these things. Glad you have a successful day.

Anonymous said...

Judi, your domino art is awesome! And congratulations on doing so great!!!! (I SAID you would, didn't I, sweet girl?) For those people who passed by your canvas art - phooey! I say all their taste is in their MOUTHS! So, HA!