Saturday, May 13, 2006

I think it's safe now

Here is the surprise doll I mentioned last week. Her name is "Serenity Rose" which is such a lovely and appropriate name -- she is going to live with my Mom as a Mother's Day gift. I didn't want to post her photo too soon, as mom checks the blog now and again and I didn't want to spoil her surprise. My dear dear Mom is so hard to choose gifts for. I hope she likes her...

She is a heavy girl -- over 3 pounds! -- fully clothed with painted shoes and features. I used my Genesis paints and I am SO happy with the results. Those paints are such a pleasure to use. I just with I could get a supply of them locally. Thank goodness for mail order!

I have 3 more fully assembled dolls now sitting on my cutting table waiting for clothes. It feels so good to clear out that backlog of parts off the floor. I haven't taken any photos yet, but I will do a "dolls in progress" spread today or tomorrow to show what I've been up to. It is amazing how mind-cleansing it is to actually FINISH a few things!

No comments: