Monday, December 07, 2009

Mount Hood in another mood

An arctic high pressure system is sitting over the Willamette Valley this week. I don't like the cold so much, but I am enjoying the sunshine. However, it was a different story up on Mount Hood yesterday. This is what we saw from our front door as we came home from church yesterday morning. Just look at all that blowing snow!


Temperatures were already well below freezing up there, but I don't even want to imagine what the wind chill must have been with these wind conditions, which gusted up to 60 mph. Brrrrr!

I'm sorry I haven't been posting much lately - even though I have been creating my little fingers off, most of what I am doing is for Christmas presents and must remain secret for now. I LOVE Christmas!

7 comments:

Sue said...

That's a fascinating photo! I can't imagine having a view like htis out your front door. Magnificent!

Jennifer Rose said...

that mountain looks gorgeous covered in snow. freezing cold, but gorgeous :)

Shashi Nayagam said...

What a gorgeous site! You did well to capture it in the picture. Does that cold work its way down where you are. It must be cold as it seems quite near you.

Linda Fleming said...

Stunning photo! What a magnificant view you have.

BumbleVee said...

we've had high winds, blowing snow and temps. dropped like a stone...tonight it will be -28C ... luckily the winds have died a bit. But, it is still cold enough at that temperature that your nostrils seem to pinch together when you breathe in through your nose....

Michelle Eaton said...

That is a beautiful pic. Such a wonderful view!

HElen said...

Incredible view! Wonderful picture!