Thursday, November 06, 2008

Close, but no Cee-Gar

... as my Dad used to say, LOL. My little piece for a Halloween Challenge on one of my favorite groups tied for first place. In a run-off vote, it lost by *1* vote! I confess I would have liked to have won, but I'm pretty pleased with it regardless, and tickled to death that other people like it too.

The challenge was to do something "cute" for Halloween -- not beautiful, and it mustn't scare small children.

Cute.

(Now, if you've been reading this for any length of time, you know by now that I don't do "cute". "Can't" might be the better word, LOL!)





Anyway, this little guy is based on an online class by Marilyn Radzat at That Creative Place for her Leaf Babies, though about the only thing he owes to her instructions by the time I got through with him is his pose. (If I ever get around to it, I will also rebuild his little coffin. I did the best I could, but it's really pretty crude.)

I have another Leaf Baby in progress, but he is currently suffering from a bad rash caused by unpainted texture medium, and is not ready for his close-up yet. Just WAIT until you see the little bed waiting for him!

6 comments:

Linda Fleming said...

Well, he is a winner in my book, and I would give him a whole box of cigars. Great work, Judi!

Shashi Nayagam said...

He is very cute Judi. The box looks great to me

Anonymous said...

He is so cute and love the little coffin, great job!!

Fran said...

OOOOOO!! He's adorable. I love him.
Love & Hugs
Fran

Debb said...

I think it so cool but you know meI love halloween. I'm getting ready to start on a life size Witch may take me till next Halloween but I can'twait.
love Debb

Kai said...

Well, that's enough to make ANYONE want a lil' Vampire baby! Where DID you get that idea???? So adorable, and who'd have EVER thought 'vampire' and 'adorable' would belong in the same sentence? Well, it does NOW!