Sunday, July 03, 2011

Not White-on-White

This lady doesn't have a name yet, but I am so happy with how she turned out that I am going to share her anyway. She is the product of yet another online class with the incredible Sherry Goshon, this time from the Crafty College at Doll Street.  Her body is wrapped wire, plaster cloth, and paper clay, while her arms and hands are cloth.  Her face is from Sherry's "Krystal" pressmold, and her hair is tibetan lamb.


The shining star of this piece though, is her wings, don't you agree?


These wings were custom made for me by Judy Serreseque from OOAK Artist Emporium, and a believe me they are worth every penny - I actually gasped when I opened the package when they arrived.  This doll was *supposed* to be a white-on-white piece, but I needed to add quite a lot of color to her to live up to those glorious wings.  The subtle texture is amazingly realistic.  The beads and glitter give it just the right amount of bling without being too much, while the Swarovski crystals are the perfect finishing touch.

I have tried and tried to create a white-on-white project, but I have never yet managed to do it.  Oh well, there is always next time!

No comments: